Before Jane worked her magic, every day I would spend 30 minutes trying to draw my brows correctly. Now I just wake up and go! They look perfect every day! I cannot recommend her highly enough. Don’t trust your brows to anyone but Jane.
Experience quality, care, and incomparable attention to detail.
WHAT IS THE MICROBLADING PROCEDURE LIKE
What is Microblading?
The initial step, and one of the most important aspects of microblading is color matching, to ensure the pigment matches your own brow color. However, if you do not have eyebrow hair, we will match your hair color.
Next, with a brow pencil, we design your perfect eyebrow based on your facial bone structure and natural shape, as well as eyebrow hair growth. You and I will then work together to create the perfectly desired eyebrow shape you want. The complete process takes an average of 2 hours depending on several factors including symmetry, eyebrow shape corrections, and your skin type.
After your microblading procedure, there are certain steps you can take to ensure proper healing and longer-lasting microblading effects:
- Avoid excess alcohol consumption. It may slow the healing process.
- Avoid performing tasks where there is extreme airborne debris.
- Avoid driving such vehicles as convertibles, motorcycles, boats, or bicycles.
- Avoid touching, picking, or scratching the treated area, except when applying post-care cream.
- Avoid chemical or laser treatments.
- Avoid face creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid.
- Avoid swimming, tanning, and other activities that cause increased sweating, such as sports, saunas, and jacuzzis.
- Avoid water pressure in your face during your shower.
- After you have fully healed, apply SPF 30 sunscreen on your eyebrows when you are exposed to the sun. This will help to maintain the color pigment.
Following your microblading procedure, your skin will be sensitive. It will also go through a healing process that will take up to a month. During this time, your eyebrows will flake and may look like dandruff. Also, the pigment will appear very dark, but will become lighter in a few days. Within 3-4 weeks after your procedure, you will be able to see your true pigment color, as the pigment will fade to its correct shade.
It is recommended that you do a “perfecting touch-up” approximately 6 weeks after your microblading treatment. In about 3 months, you will also need to do a “color freshen-up” to maintain the appearance of your eyebrows. Before you know it, you will be waking up every morning to low-maintenance, perfect eyebrows.
One of the best things you can do prior to your microblading appointment is to ensure you are in good health. So, sleep well and eat well to maintain your overall wellbeing. What can you do to actually prepare for your appointment?
- Two weeks prior to your appointment, avoid any dermabrasions, chemical peels, or laser treatments.
- One week before your appointment, avoid omega 3s, and B6 and E vitamins. You can resume 72 hours after your procedure.
- 72 hours prior to your appointment, avoid excessive alcohol consumption, waxing, tanning, or intense sun exposure.
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, and niacin.
- On the day of your appointment, avoid alcohol, exercise, and caffeine such as coffee or energy drinks such as Red Bull or Monster drinks.
- Wash your hair. Avoid showers for several days. Baths are recommended.
- Breastfeeding (anesthetic is not possible; treatment is possible)
- Serious diseases (diabetes, cancer, autoimmune disorders, epilepsy) *
- Circulatory or bleeding disorders *
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic Scarring
- Heart conditions or has a pacemaker
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Poor health, including cold/flu
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations near the treated area
- Botox or Disport treatment in the past 2 months*Requires Doctor’s clearance
- Hair loss
- Thin eyebrows
- Asymmetrical eyebrows
- Active lifestyles
- Trouble applying makeup
Jane’s attention to detail when creating brows is meticulous. She never rushes, and takes as long as needed, to make sure your brows are exactly how you want them to look. We spent a long time together, deciding on the right shape, thickness, and color for me.